- with Roman Senninger. “Simple Politics for the People? Complexity in Campaign Messages and Political Knowledge.” European Journal of Political Research: first view.
- with Markus Wagner. “What Makes Parties Adapt to Voter Preferences? The Role of Party Organisation, Goals and Ideology.” British Journal of Political Science: forthcoming.
2018. “Ideological Congruence between Party Rhetoric & Policy-Making.” West European Politics 41(2): 310-328.
- 2017. “Towards a Renewal of the Niche Party Concept: Parties, Market Shares and Condensed Offers.” Party Politics 23(3): 220-235.
- with Markus Wagner. “Invasive Parties: Do voters polarize when extreme parties enter parliament?”
- with Florian Foos. “Federalism and Party System Fragmentation: On the Unintended Consequences of Increasing Decentralization.”
- “The Randomness of Issue Ownership Theories: How external shocks drive public perception of party competence.”
- with Denise Traber. “Clutter: How much information do party manifestos contain?”
- with Tarik Abou-Chadi & Markus Wagner. “Taking the Risk to Politicize Europe. How the Prospect of Losing Power Affects Issue Entrepreneurship.”
- Does Protest Matter? Parties’ Rhetorical Reactions to Protesters’ Claims (PhD Thesis; 3 papers under review & not listed)
- “Invasive Parties” book project
[2 papers under review]
Representation & Responsiveness
- with Roman Senninger. “Working in Unison: Political Parties and Policy Issue Transfer in the Multi-Level Space.” European Union Politics: first view.
- with Thomas Saalfeld. 2013. “Minority-Ethnic MPs and the Substantive Representation of Minority Interests in the House of Commons, 2005-2011.” Parliamentary Affairs 66(2): 305–28.
- with Roman Senninger. “What Kind of European Union Oversight Do Voters Want from Parties?”
- with Luca Bernardi & Ruud Wouters. “Legislative Agendas and the Adaptation to Public Preferences.”
- with Florian Foos, Sarah Cohen, Gidon Cohen, Patrick M. Kuhn, Kyriaki Nanou, Nick Visalvanich & Nick Vivyan. “Seeking the Personal Vote: How Legislators Exploit the Party Line.”
- with Luca Bernardi, Laura Morales & Maarja Lühiste. “The Effects of the Fukushima Disaster on Nuclear Energy Debates and Policies: A Two-Steps Comparative Examination.” Environmental Politics: accepted for publication.
- with Roman Senninger & Lawrence Ezrow. “Party Policy Diffusion in the European Multi-Level Space.”
- with Roman Senninger & Fabio Wolkenstein. “Theorizing Party Policy Diffussion in the European Multi-level Space.”
Public Opinion Formation
- with Markus Wagner. “Invasive Parties: Do Extreme Parties Lead Public Opinion?” presentation.
- with Florian Foos. “When the Sun stopped shining: Identifying the effects of right-wing media consumption on public opinion towards immigration.”
Revolution & Repression
- with Simon Fink. 2015. “Repression as a Double-Edged Sword: Resilient Monarchs, Repression and Revolution in the Arab World.” Swiss Political Science Review 21(3): 377–395.
- with Tobias Rommel. “The Economic Costs of Revolution.”