I changed the code for the previously introduced stata figures schemes colorblind & plottig. Notice that I also changed the name of colorblind into plotplainblind (and blind into plotplain). The new files are now available for download:
The newest version of the schemes can now be downloaded within Stata. In Stata type:
ssc install blindschemes, replace all
set scheme plottig, permanently
Changes include (as of version 1.1):
- all legends moved to the right hand side of the plotarea
- areas of confidence intervals are solid and gray (distinguishable from background)
- xylines in plotplain are no longer vvthin, but kept thin
- size of markers in legends was increased
- distance between markers in legends and text was decreased
- the linepattern of the 3rd line is no longer longdash but shortdash (in plotplain; plotplainblind; plottigblind)
- distance between the title of the y-axis and the y-axis was increased
- plottigblind no longer uses gray color for lines, markers
- plotplain & plotplainblind use darker and thicker gridlines
The following paper introduces the schemes and gives a brief “how to” on producing on schemes in Stata: [PDF].
Notice: Code comes free, but programmers put a lot of work into it. Thus, please cite programmers’ papers/publications introducing code.